Windows XP Manual StarNetDial Set-Up
How to manually configure StarNetDial with Windows XP
Now that your account has been setup either through the online signup or through the CD you now have the ability to
create the connection manually through the Windows XP Operating System. Here are the steps you need to take in order
to accomplish this.
1. Go to your control panel by clicking on the start button, then to Settings, and finally to the Control panel button.
2. Double click on the icon named "Network Connections" found in your control panel.
3. Click on the "Create a new connection" found below the Network Tasks menu
4. A welcome screen for the new connection wizard will appear. Click next to begin the setup.
5. Choose the Connect to the Internet radio button. Click the next button to continue.
6. Select to have your connection set up manually. Click the next button to continue.
7. Choose to connect using a dial-up modem from the list and click the next button to proceed.
8. Select the modem that you will be using to connect with.
9. Please enter the ISP name StarNetDial in the textbox provided.
10. Enter the access number which you will be dialing to connect to StarNetDial. This access number was provided
to you during your account setup. You may need to include a "1", or the area code, or both to go along with the
access number. Enter this information in and click the next button.
11. Enter your username followed by the @StarNetDial.net. Enter the password that you have chose for your account
and confirm it by entering it again in the confirm textbox. Leave all three checkboxes checked.
12. You have now created your dial-up connection. Select the checkbox to add a shortcut for your StarNetDial connection
to your desktop. Click the finish button when done.
13. Your connect to StarNetDial should now appear. Click the Dial button to connect.