Windows 2000 Manual StarNetDial Set-Up
How to manually configure StarNetDial with Windows 2000
Now that your account has been setup either through the online signup or through the CD you now have
the ability to create the connection manually through the Windows 2000 Operating System. Here are
the steps you need to take in order to accomplish this.
1. Go to your control panel by clicking on the start button, then to Settings, and finally to the
Control panel button.
2. Double click on the icon named "Network and Dial-up Connections" found in your control panel.
3. Double click the icon name "Make New Connection" which will be in the Network and Dial-up
4. A welcome to the Network Connection Wizard screen will appear. Click the next button to begin
5. Choose the button named "Dial-up to a private network". Click the next button to proceed with
6. Choose the modem that you will be using to connect with and click the next button.
7. Enter the Area code and phone number that was provided to you when you created your StarNetDial
8. Select to have this connection for all users and click the next key.
9. The setup is now complete. Enter the name of StarNetDial for the connection and check the box
labeled below to add a shortcut to the desktop.
10. Double click on your StarNetDial icon which is now on your desktop. Enter your account username
and password and click the Dial button to connect.